I’m seriously considering the idea of changing my blog’s name to ‘Hello, I’m always busy’. Everything appears to be like a whirlwind these days. I’m pulled in a hundred directions each day which leaves me completely exhausted. It might sound like I’m exaggerating, but trust me, I’m not. Here are a few reasons (mind you, a few) why I’m busy.
1. I’m the anchor for the Bangalore Harmonica and Reed Instrument Festival. Yup, it’s a pretty high-profile programme in a very prestigious location. It’s a nine and half hour programme which will be attended by musical big-shots from everywhere. So, I must be at my best the whole time, announcing stuff like a pro..! ( which requires serious practice)
2. Exams from the 14th of December. Tenth grade is THE biggest thing in India. People act like its a PhD degree and give you advice on all sorts of issues as to what to do with your life, whether you ask for it or not. My Indian blogging buddies will understand the pain..
3. Apart from anchoring the Harmonica festival, I’m also performing, which leads to only one thing….. Practice..!!
4. My ill health for the past two weeks. I’ve been having bad colds since the last month.
5. A very close family member has been diagnosed with a pretty serious malady. But, the patient is the most optimistic person on earth and she’s doing really well, but still, it doesn’t keep me from fretting about her. Running around from her house to mine to help with things takes up some of my time.
6. Ron, Amy, Ryan and a few others have decided to start a band. I’ve been given the privilege of being their lyricist. I signed the contract to be the lyricist under the condition I would be given three weeks time to write a song. Nothing has worked out as per the contract. Ron asked for the song after three days and I’ve been asked to compose the music too. Moreover, the band name, album names and song names must be decided by me. Seriously..!!?? A band of traitors, I would say! ;). Jokes apart, I think the band will be a hit. The others are seriously helping me too, even though they’re pressed for time too.
7. Tuitions at 6 in the morning. The weather in Bangalore has been freezing since the past 2 weeks. You can’t sleep without two blankets. Getting up in the morning is THE biggest challenge of the day.
8. Sports day coming up at school. Practice has already begun.
9. Kannada Rajyotsava celebrations coming up. You guessed it..! I’m the anchor again. At least this time, I have Tanya with me..!
10. Loads of stuff I missed at school due to my ill health.
Phew..! Writing my blog posts is also another reason I’m busy..! So, if I’m on a prolonged absence, just know it’s because any one of the above listed reasons. Hoping to get all of these things out of the way as soon as possible.
Deek 🙂 😀